Wednesday 14 November 2012

Dead Lemon Tree to Perfect Ornament Tree

Our dead lemon tree has been transformed
 into the perfect ornament tree for this
 Christmas in Summer

 I was doing a bit of gardening and thought it was about time I get rid of my dead lemon tree.  As I was wondering how on earth I would dispose of this decent sized tree, I took one look at the branches and thought wait a minute.....

If I paint this white it will look just like the fake branches I nearly bought at Wheel & Barrow.


These little branches are perfect for hanging ornaments.




I shook all the dirt off the roots and found this sturdy metal vase to stuff it in. 

 Then I spray painted the entire tree white.


I made my own little ornaments and painted them neon pink





I also found some old wooden ornaments from last Christmas. 
 I let the kids paint a few of them neon pink.

I painted cotton string in neon to hang up other ornaments.
I love how it adds just an extra touch of colour.



The kids had fun decorating it.
Such a bright and happy tree!

Perfect for
 an Aussie Christmas
 in Summer.



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...